Friday, May 13, 2011

Meet Flip..or Flipey as the kids call him...

Wow...did I get lucky when a little girl passed this cute little pug puppy to me in a pet store in Port Jeff Village 13 years ago! She was holding him when her mom called her, and just asked me to hold him. Well, he snorted in my ear...and I ran for my checkbook! Took him to the vet the next day for the whole, check out my new puppy checkup, and I was told that he was not fit for sale. This means, that I was charged for a pure breed dog but shouldn't have been. Flip is a pure breed black Chinese pug, but he was the runt of the litter, no double twirl in the tail, eyes were crooked and he had too many teeth, so I could never show him or breed him. She gave me a letter stating he was not fit for the sale price. I went back, thinking I would be refunded some of the $850 I spent on him...nope, they told me to pick out a new dog. Ok...as if within 3 days I had not truly fallen in love with him! I kept him.
Well, 13 years later, I can tell you...Flip is the sweetest, calmest BEST family dog ever! Sure, he smells now that he is old, and he has hardly any teeth, but he has never been anything but the best pet a family with 4 kids could ask for!
Flip is aging so much now, he can no longer walk around our block with us, we have to put him in a wagon 1/2 way around if we take him, he no longer sleeps upstairs with us since he can no longer go up nor down the stairs without us carrying him. He sleeps almost all day and night.
Here he is straight from the groomer this week...when the groomer told me...hands down, best pets (Josie the cat was being groomed, too) he has ever groomed!!! Dave & I take credit for that! LOL

He could never ever be replaced...he is Flip!